Monday, October 20, 2008

Northwestern

I took a trip up to Norwestern College this weekend, and I am officially scared out of my mind. The college is 10 hours away, it provides great job placement, has an excellent psycology program, and is worse than cold.
I don't know how I feel about 10 hours away from all my friends, and family, I know that most of my friends are going to be going to other colleges outside of wichita, but i still feel like if I wanted I could visit them if I was bored. If I were to attend Northwestern I couldn't do any of that, I would only come home every so often, I don't even know if I would come home every summer because its so far away.
I am afraid because of the excellence of this college, I know that I want to go into ministry, and I have alway wanted to get my doctrite in pscology. I am a bit afraid that if I go to Northwestern I might loose sight of God, and dive too far into psycology and leave ministry behind.
I hate cold, more than anything.
I know that I need to get out of my comfort zone in order to rely on God alone. Maybe that means I need to take every single bit of fear that I have for this college and give them to God. God will protect me, that I have no doubt, but will I be able to let him be in my life.
I also wonder what my calling is, am I a pastor or a psycologist? God only you can decide...

No comments: