Thursday, January 15, 2009

Ephesians 6:12

"For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms."

I want to start of the new year, or at least the first post of the year, remembering the verse that I mold this blog on. I really do imagine my life as a battle, quite often do I have to fight for what I believe, and for what has taught me or is in the process of teaching me, and quite often I get discouraged because it seems that things don't go my way, and the easy things such as wittnessing and speaking and loving others become a battle, one in which I don't know how to fight, one which I hate fighting. However, with this verse Paul, speaking to those in Ephesis, warns them sayinig the things that we struggle with in this earth are not brought upon by mere mortals, but instead it is brought upon by those that are fighting a heavenly battle, humans are apart of a heavenly battle, and if we view the struggles in such a way we know that we must pick up our weapons and everything else in order to fight the GREAT fight. This verse continues on telling us to put on the armor of God so that we are ready to fight. The big question that I ask as I read this verse is am I ready to fight the evil. We can be for certain that this is a battle and a war, Paul doesn't write saying "if this were a fight" but instead he says that "our battle is" so if we know that we are in a war, are we constantly preparing ourselves to fight the Great fight?

AMH

No comments: